Supported Living Support Worker
We might just be the perfect fit for you.
At Community Links Support Ltd, we have provided care and support services to people in Derby for over 10 years. We provide these services in people’s homes, in our supported living houses, and in our Day Centre which is located in Derby city centre.
We are currently in an exciting time of growth and are looking to fill a number of positions to maintain and grow our current business services (please keep a look out for additional roles in our day service).
We are looking to hire a number of candidates to fill each of the following roles in our supported living houses:
- Supported Living Support Worker
Hours: Part-time or full-time, up to 36 hours a week.
Location: Working across two of our supported living services in Oakwood, Derby.
- Supported Living Bank Support Worker
Hours: 0 hours casual.
Location: Working in up to three of our supported living services – two of which are in Oakwood, Derby, and the other is in Littlewood, Derby.
Please note that full-time hours are 36 hours a week for our Supported Living Service and occurs on a rota basis which may include sleep-ins.
Pay: A starting salary of £9.70, up to £10.50 per hour after the probation period. Additional payments are made for Sleep-in shifts.
There is also a generous enhanced pay entitlement for working on public holidays.
Contract type: Permanent.
Shift options: Shifts will be spread across mornings, afternoons, evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
What will you do?
You will look for opportunities and ways of working with people which will maximise their independence, while introducing them to new experiences and exciting things.
As a Support Worker, you may provide support through helping customers with: general day-to-day activities, social activities, shopping, budgeting, self-care, health appointments, day trips and holidays, decision making, medication, independent living skills, and inclusion in the community.
You will have the opportunity to do a meaningful job, where you can make a real difference to people’s lives, while receiving excellent support.
What do you gain by working for us?
- FLEXIBLE working hours
- Casual dress every day.
- A minimum annual leave entitlement 28 days annual leave.
- Pay while taking our customers out to do activities.
- A pension.
- The ability to pick up overtime.
- A FREE enhanced DBS check.
We care about the employee experience. So, in addition to the benefits mentioned above, you’ll also have access to the following things to help you develop:
- FREE digital and on-the-job training.
- Access to management, so you can get help and support when you need it.
- Regular supervisions and team meetings to offer you regular structured support.
- Work opportunities where you could develop skills in coordination, customer service, communication, and IT.
What do you need for this role?
- The ability to encourage others and be positive.
- To be able to work well in a team, as well as being able to confidently work alone.
- To have a naturally caring and patient personality.
- To believe in and be dedicated to increasing the well-being and happiness of the people we support.
- Experience of supporting or caring for someone who faces challenges due to their learning disability or mental health condition.
- Access to IT equipment to view emails from the company.
- A willingness to work hard and have fun along the way.
How to apply
Does this sound like the perfect job for you? If so, please apply for this role by sending us a tailored CV which outlines your suitability for the role. Please also send us a statement that provides examples of how you meet the criteria set out in the ‘What do you need for this role?’ section. The statement could be in the format of a covering letter.
In your CV or statement, you should also include a full list of your employment history, giving an explanation regarding any gaps.
CVs and statements should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline of Friday 10 March at 10am.
If you have any questions related to the role, please do contact one of our Directors, Paul, at email@example.com and he’ll be happy to help.